Get Help From Worker’s Compensation Lawyer
When going to work and expect to accomplish the duties without harming the health for the day but unfortunately, often accidents happen in the field area or workplace. Injuries at the workplace may have difficult consequences. However, consulting a good law firm can help with the legal process to get all the benefits. In worker’s compensation, the victim does not need to prove that employer did wrong, simply prove that injuries happened while working. However, sometimes insurance companies and employers try to pay less than the actual worth of the claim or deny the claim wrongfully.
Causes of Workplace Injuries
The most frequent reasons for workplace injuries are:
- Overexertion (from carrying, pulling, lifting, pushing, throwing, and/or holding)
- Falling on the same level or to the lower level
- Being stuck by the object (like something falling from above)
- Injuries due to bodily reaction (caused by climbing, sitting, bending, or standing)
- Being compressed by or caught in the machinery
- Slipping or tripping without falling
- Being stuck against the objects (this include being pushed into the walls or doors)
- Unsafe machinery or tools
- Repetitive motion wounds (like repeated strain or stress)
- Collapse scaffolding
- Lack of proper training
- Lack of gear for protecting the eyes, feet, head, torso, ears, etc.
- Not enough illumination
- OSHA violations or other unsafe practices
- Lack of respiratory equipment or inadequate ventilation.
Such accident cases include burns, lacerations (cuts), electrical shocks, and impact injuries like a concussion, joint dislocations, bruises, spinal injuries, bone fractures, etc. According to the study of Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are average eight days that the injured workers are absent from work. Also, for a month or longer, more than a fourth of workers are out of job because of injury. Following occupation have the highest number of non-fatal workplace injuries include:
- Truck drivers
- Tractor trailer
- Freight and laborers handlers
- Nursing Assistant
Consult the Worker’s Compensation Attorney
Stockton Workers Compensation Lawyer protects workers who get injured on the job. However, the claim making process is very daunting. Sometimes the complex nature of the law increases the already traumatic situation. The attorney will help the victim through the whole process to get a fair compensation.
Benefits of Worker’s Compensation
Depending on the circumstances of the injuries and accident. The benefits that victim may get from the compensation are:
- Lost productivity and Lost Wages
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation cost (psychological services, physical therapy, or vocational services)
- Anticipated medical expenses
- The family may get the death benefit in case of a death at workplace accident. The lawsuit may ask the court to award the punitive damages if the employer or other party involved in injured worker’s accident failed to follow the safety-related rules and regulations.
Defense Duties of Worker’s Compensation Lawyer
Worker’s compensation attorney on the defense side assist the self-insurance employers or insurance companies by defending the worker’s compensation claim and mitigate the exposure. For each business, they must understand the guidelines for claim handling, calculate the exposure, know how to budget the cost, and have knowledge of the billing procedures. They represent the employer’s interest at oral arguments, hearings, depositions, hearings, arbitrations, mediations, and other proceedings. They monitor the reports of loss run for trends and alerts the management.